Buying a new car is a great feeling, but unexpected repair bills can be costly, so why take the risk. With a warranty from The WMS Group you are covered for any unforeseen mechanical or electrical failures that may occur to your vehicle.
Over 3500 UK automotive dealers use the WMS Group to provide their customers with warranty or vehicle repair agreement from the WMS Group, offering their customers the peace of mind that if the worse should happen they are covered
How to make a claim
How make a warranty claim, please follow the below procedure:
1. If your vehicle suffers a mechanical breakdown, please check your policy carefully to establish that the fault is covered. Diagnosis of the fault by an approved repairer is required.
2. Telephone our claims dept on 01844 293810 who will advise you of your local approved repairer. If you wish to use your own repairer, we will agree costs with them at the same parts and hourly labour rate as our network repairers charge. You will be responsible for any excess parts and labour charges.
3. If the cause of your breakdown is not obvious, it may be necessary to dismantle the vehicle to some extent. This will be done only on your authority and the cost of this will be your responsibility at this stage.
4. If WMS find the claim to be within the scope of your policy an authorisation number will be issued once the costs have been agreed. All repair times will be based on Autodata.
5. To establish liability it may be necessary to instruct an independent assessor to inspect and report his findings. The result of which cannot be contested except by another independent assessor.
6. Claims must be registered within 7 days of their occurrence.
7. Once the claim has been authorised, you may proceed with the repairs. On completion, send in the repairers invoice and any service invoices requested.
8. Any work carried out without prior authorisation will not be reimbursed. No claims are valid without an authority number.
9. Once a claim number has been issued you have 3 months in which to submit the invoice for payment. After this period of time the claim will lapse and no reimbursement is possible.
10. No claim will be considered unless mechanical breakdown has occurred and has been reported to us during the policy period. Please ensure that the authorisation number is marked on the invoice, and state clearly who is to be paid.
What to do with the invoice:
- Ensure that the repair authorisation code is clearly marked on the invoice.
- Ensure that any service invoices that have been requested are included
- State clearly who we are to pay
- Send to the WMS Group Ltd, Suite 1, Oxford House, Oxford Road, Thame, Oxon OX9 2AH.
Please note that any repairs carried out without prior authorisation will not be reimbursed.